All those goals and categories in your budget need money, and that money is in your accounts.💰 Time to add 'em.
The best place to start is your main spending account, usually a checking account.
- Tap the Accounts icon.
- Tap Add Accounts on the Accounts page.
- Enter the account name, account type, and the balance as of today.
- Tap Next.
- If you're planning to use Direct Import, click the "add connection" link and search for your bank to establish a connection.
- If you'd rather not connect to your bank, tap Skip.
For more details on connecting accounts, check out our Direct Import Doc!
Credit Card Account
Use the same steps above, but check these key points about credit cards in your budget.
- A credit card payment category will be created for you so you know exactly what's available for your payment. When you use your credit card to spend money you budgeted, that money will automatically move to your payment category.
- If you have a balance on your card, you need to budget to pay it off. Consider setting a Payoff Balance by Date goal!
Unlike money that moves to your payment category from purchases, to pay off this balance, you’ll budget directly to the category.
Check out this section of our Help Docs for more info on Credit Cards!