It’s simple to plan for future transactions, including repeating ones, right in the account register, then use that information to help you budget.
- Navigate to the Transaction icon.
- Enter the amount and type of transaction and tap Next.
- Choose the payee, category, account, date of the next occurrence, and how often you would like the transaction to repeat. You're all set!
- Your transaction will now appear at the top of your register in gray. It will not yet affect your budget.
- When the date of the next occurrence comes, the transaction will appear in bold in your register, waiting for you to approve it (we want to make sure it actually happened as planned!).
Using Scheduled Transactions in Your Budgeting
Bonus Wins! 😍
- When you have a scheduled transaction that you haven’t (fully) budgeted for, you’ll see orange (orange means underfunded!) in the category that month. You can use that fancy Lightening Bolt icon to pull up the Quick Budget tool to fund any Underfunded categories.
- For additional info, select the category that has a scheduled transaction. Tap the Details icon. You’ll know how much will be available in the category after that bill is paid. Glorious.
Editing or Deleting Scheduled Transactions
Things change, and your scheduled transactions can too!
If you need to edit the amount, date, or payee of a scheduled transaction, first tap the Account and find the corresponding gray transaction at the top of the register. Tap the transaction to edit and save.
Editing the gray scheduled transaction will change all future instances, but not past ones that have already entered into your budget.
You can also delete all future instances of a scheduled transaction by clicking the gray transaction and selecting Delete.
If you only need to edit one instance of a scheduled transaction, but want the rest to stay the same, wait for the transaction to enter your account (it will no longer be gray), and then tap on it to edit.